Your Rights as a User of our Products
June 20, 2020
We at Braintrust Applied Research, LLC feel strongly about the rights and expectations people have surrounding software and privacy.
Here are some points we find inviolate, and which we will strive to incorporate into any offering we put into the public sphere:
You have an expectation that any data you supply the system will be retrievable. We will strive to make this so, by offering self-service data-dumps available.
You have the right to a reasonable expectation of privacy.
To this end, we will:
- Secure all transactions.
- Not handle payment data directly.
- Not hand over your data to a government or legal entity without a warrant.
You have the right to start and stop services as you please.
To this end, we will, where technically-feasible:
- Explore and offer billing and subscription plans that can suit a variety of scenarios.
- Work to give you notice of upcoming bills or renewals.
You have a right to exist as a person, not a product.
In coordination with the above precept, we will never sell your data without prior notice, which will include an opt-out window.
- Note: this is theoretical at the moment, but you should know that you may miss out on opportunities to be better-served by opting-out of e.g. partner offers.
- Wherever possible, we will give an overview of an opt-out decision you can make, and how this decision may impact you.